The main rule of blackjack game is to collect cards in the hands of a common advantage as close as possible to 21, but no more. More than 21 points will mean automatic loss. Once you have collected blackjack (21 points exactly), you have a bust or if you stopped (which means you no longer want an additional card from the deck), the dealer starts his game and tries to score more points than you do and do not go over .
This is the general idea of the game, now let’s talk about the details. With the beginning of the game, the player and the dealer receive two cards. The player sees both his cards, but only one dealer card.
The player can perform the following actions:
- Another (Hit) – take another card.
- Stop (Stand) – stop your game, stop at the result.
- Double – double your initial bet.
- Split. If the player has two identical cards in his hands, he can divide the game, bet on each card and play further. How to split in blackjack? For example, you bet a dollar and get two dozens, divide them, bet another dollar for the second ten, and now play as usual, but for two bets: draw cards for one dozen, then for the second.
- Surrender. You can immediately surrender the game and lose only half of the bet. The game can be handed over immediately if the chances of winning are very small. For example, you have 16 in your hands, and the dealer has the first ace card. Note: not all types of blackjack have the opportunity to surrender. Read carefully the rules of blackjack in the selected online casino.
How to play blackjack in casino?
According to the rules of blackjack, you get a double bet for the game you win. For example, bet the dollar and you get two dollars if you win. The exception is a combination of tens and ace: if you win this combination, the net win will be 150% of your bet. For example, bet the dollar and win a blackjack +10 ace and get 2.5 dollars.
Let’s consider some other basic blackjack betting rules. Insurance is a bet that you can make if the dealer has the first card with an ace. While playing online casino, the program automatically asks you if you want to bet on insurance.
Insurance is half your initial bet. If you bet $ 2, then the insurance will be $ 1. Payments for insurance will be 2:1. If you bet the dollar on insurance and the dealer has blackjack, then you will be paid 3 dollars for insurance.
Experienced players do not like insurance arguing that the dealer’s chances of getting a blackjack with a first ace card are less than 50%. For a long gameplay, the insurance will turn into a waste of money.
A draw is when the dealer and the player have the same amount of points on the cards. The casino in this case returns to the player the bet. In this case there is no gain, but there is no loss.
Black jack game rules for the dealer
The dealer has no right to divide, double and surrender. The dealer plays according to clearly defined rules: if the amount of his points is 16 or less, he takes another card. If 17 or more, he stops. In some versions of the game, there are sometimes deviations in the rules for the dealer, but this happens extremely rarely.